Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little Bit of a Dilemma

I recently found this pin on Pinterest....

(Photo courtesy of atlandsend.tumlr.com)

I find myself getting completely lost in this photo. Not just because it's an excellent photograph, but because I long for that to be me; all cozied up in my favorite cardigan sweater & furry slippers, sipping my cup of tea or coffee, ready to begin my work day at home-writing/reading/crafting, any of which would be just fine. My kitties would be curled up in the antique sitting chair. I would only pause to take the dogs out for a romp...

Am I being too idealistic, I start thinking. Is this just me fantasizing & daydreaming, or is this really who I am? Is this actually a reality that could become my life? If so, how long will I have to wait for it?

I am a creative person (aka "crafty", but I'm not a fan of that word). My personality is artistic minded. I feel alive and thrilled whenever I create something. The main problem with being this type of person is that it is not easy to make a career out of (i.e. the "starving artist"). However, part of my issue is that I am not skilled at any one thing. I'm not a painter, sculptor, or novelist. Or anything in between, for that matter. I have no platform or subject I feel the need to share with the world. I'm just a girl that finds life & thrills in creating something myself. It's what brings life to my soul.

Recently, I have found myself stuck with this dilemma. What do I do with this part of me? Should I attempt being a writer or signing up for the craft fair circuit? I need a change, but I don't exactly know what kind. I'm tired of waiting, tired of it never being the right time for multiple things. And on top of all of it, I'm tired of not pushing myself to do more, to do what I can. When can I start really fulfilling more of my passions? Is that selfish to be thinking about? I don't know where to go from here...












1 comment:

  1. A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.

    - Bob Dylan

    Is there something(s) that you can give up to make room for your heart's desires?

    I am able to do what I do because I gave up more conventional "things" - I don't watch much TV, we have a cheap cell phone plan with no texting, I let my house get messier than I would like, if it means I can create more... things like that. I truly feel, if anyone cuts "excess" whatever it may be - time or money or people or whatever - that it makes room for what we really love.

    Just my two cents. Got me thinkin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete